Master’s degree that focuses on issues related to the environment and the processes involved in the food industries, which provides training for the development of professional activity in the correct management and conservation of natural resources and the environment, including the latest advances in industrial processing or biotechnology, passing through quality and food safety.
Main specialization line
- Water management
Agricultural and Food Sciences
Processes in the food industry
Academic, scientific and professional interest
Only master’s degree in the University System of Galicia.
Master’s degree that gives access to the Doctorate Program in Agrifood Science and Technology that has obtained the Mention of Quality for Excellence (Ministry of Education), since the academic year 2011/2012 and following academic years, and of which the professors who teach in the master’s degree are members.
Recognition of three specialties of the Master in the Xangai Ranking. Academic Ranking of World Universities. Global Ranking of Academic Subjects (2020):
- Food Science and Technology is ranked among the 75 best in the world.
- Agricultural Sciences is ranked among the 500 best in the world.
- Earth Sciences is ranked among the 500 best in the world.
- Development of the ecological and sustainable production sector through new strategies and procedures that guarantee agri-food production and the development of the food-health binomial
- Optimization and use of raw materials for the agri-food industry with the premise of environmental sustainability
- Research and development of new processes and strategies in the production and preservation of food that guarantee quality and food safety
- Processed in the food industry for the development and implementation of new technologies, as well as for the elaboration of new products and/or the valorization of those that currently exist in the market
- Control of the processes of degradation and loss of biodiversity in soil, water and biotic environments and the deterioration of associated habitats
- Food biotechnologist
- Food industry technician
- Food Service Laboratory Technician
- Responsible for production and development of new products and food processes
- Management and control of industrial food production
- Food quality control technician
- Food quality control laboratory technician
- Technician in food and sensory analysis
- Inspector, food quality auditor
- Environmental operator
- Natural Environment Technician
- Technical specialist in environmental impact
- Quality, safety and environmental control technician
- Technician in management and control of air pollution
- Technician, expert, specialist in advanced water treatment
- Technician, expert, specialist in circular economy